January 10, 2017

the deli cup life

I'm fond of storing food in deli cups because they remind me of culinary school, and many of the restaurants and bakeries I staged (tried out) at. Lately the deli cups have been instrumental in my way of eating - which is to cook and store every ingredient separately, to then create unique combinations of ingredients at each meal.

Like when I made boxed white cheddar mac n cheese (with bacon grease, sour cream, and goat cheese added), I topped it using the deli cups I had of caramelized onions, crispy bacon, and finely minced chives.

bacon mac n cheese

Then the other morning, when I felt like making an omelette, I basically set up an omelette station with different ingredients. The egg part was just beaten egg with salt and pepper, poured onto a hot oiled pan. The toppings were caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, goat cheese, and chives. Oh and sriracha because I can't forget that hot sauce.

omelette station

Ate it with a side kale salad. Mmm. breakfast omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment